My 1st Five for Friday


It's Friday!!! Which means the weekend is almost here. Which also means hopefully I will see my husband, unless he has to work.... :-/ The struggle of being a pipeliner's wife.

Anyway, I decided to do my first Five for Friday post.







My new curling/styling iron. I have the type of hair that is very thick and straight. Every time I curl my own hair, it magically uncurls itself an hour after I just curled the last piece. UGH!!! So as I was watching QVC (one of my many obsessions), I saw a styling tool that took the guess work out of curling your hair. I decided to try it and see if it worked. I have to say I am so impressed. I did a practice run and I loved the result. Then, I decided instead of washing it out right away to go through the day and see what happened.

This is me right after I finished the last piece and it stayed exactly like this for 8 hours!!!!

If you wish to try the curling iron you can try it here: Conair Curl Styler


I got accepted into grad school!!! Yay!!! I am beyond excited to start going back to class and learning new things. The area that I am studying in is for my Master’s in Curriculum and Instruction. I love anything to do with curriculum and developing testing tools. J

I’m sure I will be pretty busy, but I am just so excited to step back into the classroom as a student again.



 

It’s ridiculous how much time I have spent watching QVC this summer already. I think I need to block it from my T.V. I use it as a way to treat myself after exercising. There is not a whole lot of stuff that I buy from QVC and it really has to hit me right. Usually the stuff I do want, I wait too long and then everyone has jumped on it. Then, when I go to buy it it’s all gone.


HGTV is another one of my favorite channels. I love Love It or List It, Flip or Flop (my husband’s favorite), and Fixer Upper. My dream is to have Chip and Joanna come and fix up a house for me one day……




My recipe book. I know you probably think I’m crazy, but I love filling it with all the new recipes I have tried from Pinterest (another obsession). My mom bought me my own book for Christmas last year and at first I did use it. Now, it has almost all the recipe cards filled and stickers on the ones that my husband really likes. J You know what they say: The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach.



I am anxiously awaiting my new life planner from Erin Condren. I use my life planner for keeping tracks of appointments, birthdays, school events, phone numbers/emails/passwords/etc, and bills. All of those items are color coded which makes it easy to see what is going on for each day. Just today, I received an email saying that my new life planner is being shipped. YAY!! I can’t wait to see it and share it with you all! If you would like an Erin Condren of your own you can visit her here: Erin Condren



I hope you all have a Happy 4th of July! I plan on spending it with my friends and family!!! I can't wait to see all the fireworks and eat some good food!!

QuickEdit
Mrs. Moore
11 Comments

11 comments:

  1. I love HGTV...everything about it! I hope you get to see your hubby and have a nice weekend!
    Andrea
    Right Down the Middle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HGTV is the BEST! :) My hubby was lucky to get three days off! Yay! :) I hope you have a great weekend also!

      Delete
  2. I am a QVC fan too! However, I have the opposite problem, My hair is so wavy and I like straight hair! We always like what we don't have! I also got a hair tool for QVC, a professional straightener of course (GHD is the brand), and it works like a charm. What I like about QVC is that you can try it for a month and send it back if you are not satisfied.
    I love Erin Condren too! (we have a lot in common girl!) I got the Teacher Planner, and I love it!
    Have a wonderful 4th!
    Tweets from Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's that the truth! I also love how they let you return items after the new year, if they are bought for Christmas gifts. Although I hardly ever return things. :)

      Erin Condren is SUPER!!! I have her Life Planner and Teacher Planner. Which style did you get? I got the leopard print one this year. I can't wait to use it! :)

      YAY for having things in common. I will be following your blog girlie! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm officially a follower. We have a lot in common...hectic hubby work schedules...not a pipe-liner but steel worker...LOVE Chip & Joanna...always wanted to buy an EC planner but can't get over the price...I will have to check yours out. Really looking forward to working together at the new school. Congrats again on the blog. It is fantastic! Enjoy your weekend!
    The Third Grade Learning Beach

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay Stacy!!! :) I can only imagine what it's like to be a steel worker's wife, I have heard they have some pretty crazy schedules. You can definitely look at my planner, any time. :-) I am looking forward to working with you too! We have made a fast and lasting friendship already! Who knew we would have this much in common! :-)

      Delete
  5. I love your post, and Fixer Upper! I love the EC Teacher Planner, but have never had a life planner....I may need to rectify that. Have a happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mama J! :-) Be sure to check out my post when I get my new Life Planner. I will show you all the in's and out's before you buy. :-) Happy 4th to you too!

      Delete
  6. Love Fixer Upper! Congratulations on being accepted into grad school! That's big news!
    Angela
    Southern Fried Teachin’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that show is addicting! Thank you! Also, thanks for the comment! :)

      Delete

[name=Karyn] [img=Your Image Url Here] [description=Welcome to my blog about teaching and life!] (facebook=Facebook Profile Url) (twitter=Twitter Profile Url) (instagram=Instagram Profile Url) (bloglovin=Blogvin Profile Url) (pinterest=Pinterest Profile Url) (tumblr=Tumblr Profile Url)