Weekly Summer Linky: Random Act of Kindness



I have been linking up with Monica from I Heart Grade 3 from the very beginning of my little blog.
This week her topic was:
 
A Random Act of Kindness I Have Given x 2:
 
My first random act of kindness was to a waitress at Ruby Tuesdays. My husband (than fiancé) and I were celebrating me getting my first real teaching job one Saturday a few summers ago.
 
Normally when we go to restaurants, we are a young couple and usually do not make connections with the server.
 
However, on this day a young girl about our age ended up being our server. Through the course of our meal we interacted with her. Of course my husband being the goofball that he is.

Eventually, we found out that she was trying to make her way through college working three jobs. (Now I know you might be thinking, Yeah right she was just trying to get some money out of you) Regardless we gave her a $100.00 tip for our $30-$40 lunch/dinner.
 
I wrote a note on our receipt telling her to keep her head up and smile because life will get easier. We put it in the payment sleeve (is that what you call it???) and left quietly.
 
As we were getting into our car, she came running across the parking lot to thank us! We didn't expect to be thanked but we know that we made her day better and brighter.
 
 
 
My second story:
 
My husband works as a pipeliner and there are times when he comes through the door covered from head to toe in mud.
 
So, instead of ruining my washer and dryer we take them to the Laundromat. 
 
After we are done and are getting ready to leave. I will go around to a couple washers and put in quarters for a free wash. No one has ever caught me doing this, but I would like to think that it makes someone's day better. Maybe they forgot their quarters at home, maybe they don't have enough money to do their clothes but I provided some relief. 

 
 

I can't wait to read about everyone else's random act of kindness stories.
QuickEdit
Mrs. Moore
0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

[name=Karyn] [img=Your Image Url Here] [description=Welcome to my blog about teaching and life!] (facebook=Facebook Profile Url) (twitter=Twitter Profile Url) (instagram=Instagram Profile Url) (bloglovin=Blogvin Profile Url) (pinterest=Pinterest Profile Url) (tumblr=Tumblr Profile Url)