Ten for Tuesday



Today I am linking up with Diana and Jayme to share my "Top Ten Things Teaching Has Taught Us." So here are my top ten.......

 
 
 
You will make mistakes. Some will be huge and others not.
 
Coffee/tea/pop/soda will be your new best friend. Trust me. :-)
 
Always plan for the week ahead. The copier will inevitably be down at some point. Or there will an ink/paper shortage or worse a jam that requires it to be serviced. I learned that the hard way.
 
During Reading/Math, the majority of the students will be bitten by the "I gotta go to the restroom" bug. That pesky insect will ruin your most brilliant plans.
 
Your students will think you are the prettiest/nicest when your hair is not perfect, you didn't plan your outfit out, you have paint on your arms/clothes, or when you veer off the lesson plan.
 
Your students will work harder for Hershey Kisses/chocolate treats than you ever imagined.
 
That one student who was "difficult" at the beginning will eventually turn around. They will tell you that you are the BEST TEACHER EVER and it will make you smile. Then, they will turn around and flick their pencil at another student. Be gracious/patient.
 
The great pencil mystery. Where do they all go? Do they eat them? I still can't figure it out.....
 
Smelly markers/stickers are the BEST. They get the students to work hard and try their best. Who knew?
 
Teaching is the best profession ever. You get to plan exciting lessons, teach the kids new things, and get to see the light bulb go off.
 
 If you would like to join in on the fun, feel free to visit either one of their blogs.
 
Teach. Talk. Inspire             My Day in K
 
 

QuickEdit
Mrs. Moore
8 Comments

8 comments:

  1. Great list! (Found you through the linky.) Totally learned #8 the hard way...multiple times!
    I use smelly markers as an incentive...parents probably wonder why their kid's nose has rainbow dots on it! :)
    Thanks for sharing!
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hannah, so did I! There was one time during my first year where the copier was down for two whole weeks and I didn't make my copies ahead of time. I kept wondering what was I going to do. I eventually broke down and made my copies at home. :-(

      Haha! I like drawing pictures on the students work. Such as cheerleader pom poms, footballs, crazy hair smiley faces, etc....My students would also tear of the picture and carry it around, smelling it occasionally.

      Thanks for commenting!!! :)

      Delete
  2. 5 & 9 are perfect!!!! You have a great list and cute blog! Glad I found you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! :) Thank you for the comment! I am so glad you found me too!! :)

      Delete
  3. Seriously! Why do they eat the pencils? Where do they go??? Great list!
    Shine on in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. It is a mystery we will never solve. :)

      Delete
  4. Your blog is super cute!!! Love your top ten! Those pencils drive me crazy!!!!! You can sharpen a class set at 7:55 and at 8:05 someone will need a new one!! Thanks for sharing!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thanks, Jill! I had the same problem. I eventually tried lead pencils, but then they would always be out of lead, missing the eraser, or the tips would be broken. Ugh! I would always joke that they must be hungry and that I/their parents need to feed them more. :-)

      Delete

[name=Karyn] [img=Your Image Url Here] [description=Welcome to my blog about teaching and life!] (facebook=Facebook Profile Url) (twitter=Twitter Profile Url) (instagram=Instagram Profile Url) (bloglovin=Blogvin Profile Url) (pinterest=Pinterest Profile Url) (tumblr=Tumblr Profile Url)